For many of us, when it comes to making the big decisions of our lives it’s important that those things we hold most dear are reflected in our choices. Eco Wood Rings was founded in 2010 by forest lovers and hippies at heart, Laura and Steve Sutherland. Running a business that makes planet-friendly choices whilst helping others do the same is central to their mission.
Wood – we only use wood in our rings that has been salvaged, recycled, sustainably grown or supplied by our customers.
Metals – Wherever possible, we use recycled metals. On request we can use Fairtrade certified gold or silver too.
Inlays – Many of the inlay materials we use in our rings are supplied by our customers. Those that we supply are often salvaged and are always sourced responsibly.
Gemstones – We only use recycled and Fairtrade gemstones in our rings, as well as from sources that we know to be sustainable. We also offer the laboratory produced moissanite stone in all our designs too.
In the Eco Wood Rings office, we seek to minimise our impact on the environment by:
- Reducing the amount of waste we produce
- Recycling as much as we can
- Operating a paper-free office environment
- Using recycled and sustainably sourced packaging
- Working from our home office, eliminating the need to commute
- Working with like-minded people and organisations